The PLK Law Group is a boutique law firm specializing in corporate branding, legal protection and creative solutions, providing a one-stop shop to enhance brand readiness. We are a New Jersey law firm that brings together top lawyers focusing on all aspects of transactional law in the areas of intellectual property, entertainment and sports, small business and corporate law, and contract drafting, negotiating and enforcement. The PLK Law Group prides itself on its ability to offer legal protection alongside creative solutions.
We work to protect, educate and ultimately grow our clients’ businesses. Under the direction of Patricia Lawrence Kolaras, our mission is to educate clients about the legal impact of their business practices and to communicate the complexities of the law in a way that our clients appreciate and understand. We recognize that the core of any company is its brand, and that a brand's foundational support lies in intellectual property protection. In addition to enforcing client rights in State, Federal and Circuit courts, our firm strives to maximize client brand value with creative packaging, development and overall aesthetic enhancements. As such, this unique combination of legal expertise and entrepreneurial spirit has led to the closing of valuable deals for our clients.
Over the years, our firm has maintained a 100% USPTO approval rate for trademark applications, guided the formation of start up businesses and helped many creative ventures grow and gain widespread recognition. Our expertise in transactional and intellectual property law has resulted in the representation of a variety of dynamic, creative and high profile clients. We have proudly served record and sports companies, radio personalities, authors, and executives. Our clients signify a diverse representation throughout the entertainment industry, including:
- 4x Olympian Joetta Clark Diggs
- Mr. Cory, a child actor, model and entrepreneur
- A cast member of NBC’s hit show “30Rock”
- Mr. Tod’s Pie Factory of ABC’s hit reality show “Shark Tank”
- A Beverly Hills celebrity cosmetic dental practice
- Tamara Jacobs, a communications branding strategist
- Various businesses specializing in athletic apparel and specialty goods, such as the “Ah Ring®,” the popular pinky ring as featured on Oprah's "O List" and worn by Terry Hatcher, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tyra Banks, Eve, Anne Hathaway and many other celebrities
- Karyn Folan, an acclaimed author with publications on the New York Times Best Sellers list